Advertisements
Advertisements
Our two kids came to us a little over a year and half. He was 5 weeks old, and she was almost three. Social worker said it was for sure adoption. Mom had lost 6 children to adoption previously.
However mom entered rehab. Didn't graduate from program but stayed about seven months. She's working and making it to some of the visits. She submitted a 388 claiming change of circumstances. Her next court hearing is a week away. It's the hearing for the 388. At that time, the judge will accept or deny her 388 and could possibly terminate parental rights.
I'm just so scared that she will receive reunification services (those were not offered because of her history) and get a chance to get the two kids back.
I'm so scared because I am pretty sure she is not a good parent. I can see our two little ones in unsafe situations under her care. I can see her going back to drugs and leaving kids with any person that can watch them.
Anybody have experiences with termination of parental rights? Or any thing similar.? Please give me some input.
First: there's no way to know how a case will turn out. You know it's final either when the kids leave or when the judge bangs his or her gavel. My 2d placement, L, who I got at 6 yo, was originally slated for RU. He was one of 5 sibs: 3 were in another home and P was in an RTC, as he was the victim of SA. BM asked me in July of 2005 to adopt both P and L. That October. she had a court date where RU was still considered. A week after that, she was caught with bd having sex; he had violated parole. With both birth parents in the same county, both had rights terminated. (bm was supposed to stay away from bd due to SA). There is no way of knowing. My 2 little ones have a bm who had another child she was able to keep..
Advertisements
How is Life ??
There was or is no ' update ' from you??
Did Court go the way that you were hoping or expecting . That it would go??
Here's an update. My kids case went to court on April 11. Mom did not show up, nor had she done anything for her 388, so the the judge terminated parental rights. He used best interest of the children as the reason to terminate. He said they had been too long with us to let them go back to birth mom. Her lawyer fought hard, but I'm sure he didn't have enough evidence and was exaggerating about her "miraculous" progress, but tried his best even though she did not. I was in the court room when the judge made his decision, it didn't hit me until I got to my car. I cried like a baby to realize that my little ones were closer to staying with us. I also cried because I knew one day they'd know their story and that they'd be hurt.
So we are just waiting to see if birth mom will appeal. She told our social worker that she would appeal. It's almost two months and has not filed yet, but she could do it up to the last day. We pray she doesn't so we can just continue with the adoption of our two little ones. I'll update when I know the status of the appeal.
1 Liked
 likes this.