Advertisements
Advertisements
I have a dilemma. I found and met my birth mother in 1986 which was satisfying although not what I had hoped it might be. One issue between us was my father, she initially refused to give me any information but finally did provide a name. I have never been able to find any information on this individual, it is not a common surname. I did contact some people with the same name in British Columbia where I was born and raised, the few that responded had never heard of him.
After she passed in 2006, her brother gave me the name of a local man he was sure was my father. This individual passed away in 2000 but still has family in the area in which they lived. Now the only way to be sure would be through DNA testing but I am unsure as to how to approach them or even if I should. My wife feels I should just let it go but I would like to finish this chapter in my life. What are your thoughts?
Advertisements
My 78 year old Dad found his Biological Sister through Ancestry.com's DNA Services.
There is another DNA Test that is even better??
When you say ' DNA Testing '. What do you mean by this please??
There are ' way easier ' ways to go about it??
I am referring to having our respective DNA tested to see if there is a match. I have also considered the Ancestry.com kit but the household cfo doesn't want to spend the money, it is not cheap in Canadian dollars and pension only goes so far. If there is a match with this family then I would have my answer rather than contacting them first, they may not want to cooperate.
My Aunt was pretty much shocked. When my Sister In-Law contacted her??
Personally, I think it would have been better if my Dad had done the initial contacting though??