Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi all.
I’ve just read an article on adoption statistics over past few years. I just was interested to know, but what I found really shocked me. The decline in international adoption is dramatic! However, it seems that the amount of children in need of families all over the world remains the same. What are the reasons? What have changed over these few years? Is this about the complexity of procedure, duration of process, high costs or just absence of desire to place an adopted child at your family? This thing really puzzles me. =:o
Advertisements
Hi, intricate statistics. I found this article interesting, even though I don’t absolutely agree with the things mentioned. The diagrams are great, however I’m not sure that the decline is in reality that dramatic.
There might be a lot of reasons for it, and I agree with those you mentioned: long waiting times, high costs, frequent failures in adoption, etc. In the meantime, a lot of people still adopt domestically.
Furthermore, you know, celebrities still adopt children from overseas and it’s still a “trend”.
Hello! As for me, it`s quite an informative article. I thought only Russia closed its international adoptions.
To my mind, the main reason why the interest to adoption is declined in general is the fact, that nowadays infertility treatments are highly developed, so people prefer "to fight for their biological children" and choose adoption as "a last chance to become parents". According to international adoption, because of the wait time, that can stretch for years even after an adoptive parent and child are matched, people do not hurry to start doing all needed paperwork.
Everything is understandable.
Right you are, Emma.
I don't fully understand the reason "because of a trend", but I still believe, that people adopt not for the public, but firstly for children, who need lovely family.
' Why does it puzzle ya'll please ' ??
We adopted a 7 month old and a 7 year old as our Daughters from Guatemala.
Both Girls had been ' Kidnapped ' from their ' Birth Families ' or ' Birth Mamas ' and never placed for Adoption.
Why should any Family be involved in an unethical process just to have a Familia or Family please??
Advertisements