Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi all,
I am interested to see if anyone is in the middle of the adoption process from Ukraine. I kicked off my application process through Adomir Adoption last February, and my first stage (applications, home study, background checks) completed with the dossier. So I`m just waiting for next referral.
So just curious if anyone out there is waiting for their Ukrainian referral or recently got it, how the experience went with them through the process.
Thanks!
Steph
Advertisements
hi Steph and welcome. we're a happy adoptive family of a girl from Ukraine who came here to our place just six weeks ago, so we're still thrilled and can't believe that she is officially ours, and we're parents! finally! we were striving for parenting for almost nine years. our way from infertility led us to adoption, and there's nothing to regret of. I think that biological and genetic component is not that important in parenting. When you adopt, you help someone who is already in need of home and loving environment, so you're twice blessed. I hope everything will work for you, dear. Ukraine is a gorgeous country to travel and to adopt from. I'm sure you already had a chance to discover that country and culture. I hope you understand that once you adopt intercountry, you adopt not only a child, but also a piece of her heritage and culture. Is this a challenge or advantage? You're the one to decide. have you already visited any of ukrainian orphanages or not?
Happy for you! It's really great to hear such a positive story, experienced by your own. Hope, in my case everything will be the same.
Franka, how many times were you in Ukraine during your adoption process?
In 2 weeks we are going to visit an ukrainian orphanage, so now we are busy with our tickets and planning our journey.