Advertisements
Advertisements
We live in TN and are planning to adopt from India. Both of us are US citizens originally from India. We will very much appreciate getting some recommendations for good agencies that help with the adoption process from India. Kindly PM if you would prefer.
Thanks very much in advance.
Gift of Life Adoptions is a licensed, private Florida adoption agency designed to help create families through adoption.
Advertisements
Children's Home Society and Family Services, which is licensed, Hague-accredited in the U.S. and approved by CARA, India's Central Authority for Adoption, has been doing adoptions from India for a long time, and is known for high standards of ethical conduct and good service to clients. You don't have to reside in Minnesota or any of the other states in which it has offices, as long as you have an approved homestudy done by a qualified agency in your state.
I don't work for CHS or have any other ties with it. However, I adopted from China through what is now its East Coast branch, and had a very positive experience. I also used to work for an adoption advocacy group and got to know many of the agencies that way. I don't normally recommend specific agencies unless I've used them, or unless they are in some way uniquely qualified to meet a family's needs.
Sharon
1 Liked
 likes this.