Advertisements
Advertisements
I'm terrified for this process. But it has officially begun we are currently waiting for the SHOW Cause ORDER ,my attorney believes we have a good chance of winning since he contested the adoption he hasn't seen my soon in almost 5 yrs and he's 6! My husband has raised him since that time. Donor also has $21,000 in back child support 6 for me 15 for another child and currently has a body attachment for him issued. If there is anyone that can give me success stories or just advice I'm going crazy waiting!!! The case will take place in wicimico county md
You need to consult with a family law attorney that can explain the process of terminating the father's parental rights on grounds of abandonment as allowed by Virginia Code Section 16.1-283.
More than likely you can combine both the petition for adoption and one for termination of parental rights to be heard in one proceeding. If approved by the court, the child's name will be changed as requested in the course of the granting of an order of adoption.
Advertisements