Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi there! I am looking to begin foster care in the near future, and am wondering if there are any foster parents in Texas who have school aged children, and what you do for child care. More specifically, I am outside the Austin area, as I know it can vary quite a bit by state and even city. I know for people who work full time, they provide daycare vouchers, but it sounds like this is only for children who are under the age of head start, and does not provide any assistance for after school child care. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! I am single and trying to figure out if it would make the most financial sense to work full time, and have children in daycare full time, or cut back to part time, if that ends of being possible.
Our ' Kiddos ' go to our local Boys and Girls Club afterschool and during all school holidays @ $10.00 a year per child, but they close at 6 pm.
Our Family feels this program is ' Beyond Stellar and Awesome, ' but it also depends on what your child or children specifically need and what you desire as a Parent!!
Your stipend that you do receive also . As well has to clothe, shoe and other expenses ' across the board ' as well also??
Our County's Child Care Stipend Program is also based on what your income as Parent is as well also?? It is a ' Catch 22 ' to qualify for this as well also??
Last update on May 25, 9:25 pm by Juli Hawley.
Advertisements