Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi,
I am adopting a 17 year old from Ohio (I am in another state). The next step is to negotiate the adoption subsidy and I can't find any info about where to even start in Ohio (other states have clearly defined ranges, max amounts, etc posted). The child has no major issues besides a long term manageable health condition that requires daily medication (but is currently covered by Medicaid) and individual monthly therapy sessions with a psychiatrist. I realize these expenses should continue to be covered by Medicaid, but I have no idea how much is average or reasonable for the monthly adoption subsidy. I am not financially dependent on the subsidy, but I would like to set aside as much as possible for a college fund for the child. I can't even find a ballpark guide where to begin even as far as what the OH foster subsidy is. The subsidy monies would be used to ensure the most appropriate care for the childs condition (there are medications available that Medicaid doesn't cover- my private employer sponsored health insurance does cover them but with a significant copay- would it be appropriate to ask for these costs?) and the rest I plan to use towards college costs. Thank you!
google NARAC. I think that's the site that shows the state breakdowns. But you'll have to do research. I think Ohio would continue paying but I'm not sure.
Advertisements
As a ' Foster Child ' or ' State Ward ' , Any State College should be offering ' Full Tuition ' Scholarship.
No matter what Grade Point Average is.
If they are not ??? I would get on your ' Case Management ', or go above to their Supervisor!!!
As a ' Foster Child ' or ' State Ward ' , Any State College should be offering ' Full Tuition ' Scholarship.
No matter what Grade Point Average is.
If they are not ??? I would get on your ' Case Management ', or go above to their Supervisor!!!