Advertisements
Advertisements
My husband and I really want to foster to adopt. We've tried two different agencies in our town and have been told, "your house is fine but we're looking for professional homes" and "we decided not to move forward due to house repairs". Our home is a 1986 mobile home and while not beautiful by any means, it's clean and safe. Do I keep trying? Give up? :(
Advertisements
I have been approved with a Modular Home.
I have friends who were approved living in a 32 foot long ' Travel Trailer .'
Did these Agencies actually say no??
It's a tough process . What the emphasis is on is the Best Interests of the Children. These kids come from ' Negligient situations ' as well also.
I hear ya'll say . ' That ya'll are unwilling to do the repairs, '
Social Workers expect everything to be completed for their ' Walk Through '...
Do ya'll have 1 or 2 separate bedrooms available for the child.
Do ya'll have heat, electricity and running water.on a regular basis.
Could I ask please?? What are ya'll 's expectations are with regards to ' Foster to Adoption ' please??
Last update on July 27, 1:09 pm by Juli Hawley.
Another component I would ask the Agencies are .
Have they ever approved or certified anyone living in a Modular or Mobile Home??
We told them we really just wanted to help and if one of our fosters became adoptable, we'd be open to adding to our family. She told us we'd be fine for kinship. We completed most of our list of things that needed to be done, spending about $600 and then they told us no. We have running water, heat, a/c, etc. We have an extra bedroom for fosters. We're completely out of debt.
Last update on July 27, 2:06 pm by Dezarae Thomas.
I would talk to both Agencies ' Chief Executive Officers ' or someone higher than the Home Inspector.
I would also ask for what they say in writing??
Advertisements
I reside in NJ. I am a foster mom for my 2 nieces and reside in a 3 bedroom trailer. The trailer was built in 2012, and we were the first people to live in it. Also... I didnt trust the division at first... and had private custody of my oldest niece and when the second was born and the division said I couldnt take the new baby. I went to court and took private custody from the division. It wasnt until Feb 2016 that I became their Foster Mom, so we could adopt them. Now their Mom is having another one due 9/15 and I am requesting a waiver so that the newborn can reside with us until we move 10/1.
That really surprises me ... good foster parents are needed everywhere! I know this is a delayed response, but I say KEEP TRYING!
My husband and I really want to foster to adopt. We've tried two different agencies in our town and have been told, "your house is fine but we're looking for professional homes" and "we decided not to move forward due to house repairs". Our home is a 1986 mobile home and while not beautiful by any means, it's clean and safe. Do I keep trying? Give up? :(