Advertisements
Advertisements
I have a question for those who may know.
A little background: We are in KY and have a FS, 3 and FD, 7 with autism. Our kids were removed from BM Feb 2015 and placed with family. They entered foster care April 2015 & had one placement prior to us. They have been with us since 7/10/2015. So as of today, removed from BM 21 months, in foster care 19 months, and with us 16.5 months. Goal was changed to adoption in June 2016 after giving an extention for being gone to rehab. TPR was filed mid July 2016. She had visits every 2 weeks, 2 hours, supervised by SW in DCBS office and hasn't has phone calls in over a year. However, after making our FD upset every visit and missing 3 of 4 (no visit for 6 weeks, then 1, then missed again) courts ordered them stopped. They are still trying to serve BM because she was hit and miss with visits, she moves around, and has no job. BD has never been in the picture and refused a case plan, he hasn't had contact in the 21 months and has been served. So, my question is... What happens if they can't find her? Do we have to wait until she is served or is there another process? They've been trying to serve her since August.
Advertisements
What resources have they used for serving her, and usually putting the Court Date in the Legal Notices of her local newspaper 3 times or 3 different occasions is sufficient for Termination of Parental Rights.
Dad may be the difficulty Professionally and ' Seasoned Experience ' it sounds like!!
Sorry it took me a while to get back to you, for some reason it doesn't want to sync to my email. Bio had missed 3 visits, then showed, then 2, then showed, then missed another 2... All 2 weeks apart. The GAL pushed for visits to be stopped and the were stopped 10/31/16. BM appealed the decision, which got denied, but they served her. BD has been served since August and has still never shown up to court, did a case plan, or had any contact & told BM he was going to sign. We have a TPR date for 2/10/17 but BM signed 1/25/17. So we are in the clear! Hopefully our adoption will be final by the end of the year!
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!
WWWWWWWHHOOOHHOOOOO!!!!!
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYY
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN CCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!