Advertisements
Advertisements
I signed up for Orientation for the following Agencies: DePelchin, Pathways, Spaulding and I also signed up for the DFPS orientation.
I was hoping you someone could let me know which Agency they ended up choosing to work with OR if you chose to work with County directly. I've read that you are more likely to get the age range you prefer to foster/adopt through DFPS then through an Agency. That DFPS tries to match kids up with their foster homes first before reaching out to the Agencies. Is this true? I realize there will be conflicting information online but from your personal experience what have you found to be true?
-On DePelchin's website it mentions that they only facilitate Infant non-CPS adoptions. Does this mean if you are blessed with the opportunity to adopt your foster child they will not assist in the adoption?
Thank you for your input!
Last update on November 19, 8:05 pm by Jamielee Nelson.
My husband and I are now in the same position in Austin. Did you get any feedback on these agencies, or have anything to share from your own experience? We are hoping to foster-to-adopt a young child, under 4. I know not all agencies are open to working with families with such a limited age range, but we have a biological daughter and it is important to us to adopt only a younger sibling.
I also was under the impression that CPS doesn't really work directly with families anymore and prefers to go through the agencies. Have you found this to be true?
If anyone else has good/bad to share about Austin agencies, please PM me! Thanks so much!
Last update on May 17, 5:14 pm by Courtney Skott.
Advertisements