Hello there!
I'm a 21 year old lady of African origin and I'm looking for a grandmother/ mother figure in my life. I never knew my grandmother as she passed away way before I was born. I came to the US as a student to study Computer Engineering and my dream is to go back to my country and be part of the technological change to my country. Coming here to US to study here was a challenge for me as I had to get a lot of resources together to see me through my education here. Although I still have my parents, I can't help but long for another mother figure in my life especially a grandmother. I have no grandmother on either of my parents' side of the family as they are both deceased. Having someone to call a grandmother is a big deal for for me because I so desperately want to have someone in my life I call a grandmother. I wish to have someone in my life that I can get family generation food recipes from, someone I can call Gran-Gran, someone I can run to that has a wealth of knowledge and is wise as well as , someone who will continually remind me of the good old days(because believe it or not, I sometimes wish I was born in the 18th century or 19th century). i wish to have someone who could share with me age-old advice and wisdom. someone who I can tell stories of to my children and pass on the values she would have taught me.
I would be so grateful to anyone who wishes to have a granddaughter or daughter like me in their life. I am a very determined, relentless, hardworking , smart, intelligent and caring young woman and I am also a God-Fearing one too (My parents brought me up well ).
Hi Morayo
It's wonderful you have a deep desire for a grandmother in your life. Might I suggest you look for the local Senior Center in your area and volunteer to help many Seniors. I know they would love and value having someone who cared to visit with them and play games with. In your journey of service I'm sure you will find some of the peace you are looking for.
Goodluck!
Here is an article you might enjoy:
http://createthegood.org/campaign/volunteeringwith...
What a wonderful desire Morayo! I echo Rebecca's response.... rather than someone adopting you, perhaps you could adopt a grandmother. I've found great satisfaction in visiting memory care facilities, nursing homes, and hospitals. I've developed some long-term relationships as I've done so. And I can only hope that I've given as much as I've received. Bless you, and best wishes!
Hello there!
I'm a 21 year old lady of African origin and I'm looking for a grandmother/ mother figure in my life. I never knew my grandmother as she passed away way before I was born. I came to the US as a student to study Computer Engineering and my dream is to go back to my country and be part of the technological change to my country. Coming here to US to study here was a challenge for me as I had to get a lot of resources together to see me through my education here. Although I still have my parents, I can't help but long for another mother figure in my life especially a grandmother. I have no grandmother on either of my parents' side of the family as they are both deceased. Having someone to call a grandmother is a big deal for for me because I so desperately want to have someone in my life I call a grandmother. I wish to have someone in my life that I can get family generation food recipes from, someone I can call Gran-Gran, someone I can run to that has a wealth of knowledge and is wise as well as , someone who will continually remind me of the good old days(because believe it or not, I sometimes wish I was born in the 18th century or 19th century). i wish to have someone who could share with me age-old advice and wisdom. someone who I can tell stories of to my children and pass on the values she would have taught me.
I would be so grateful to anyone who wishes to have a granddaughter or daughter like me in their life. I am a very determined, relentless, hardworking , smart, intelligent and caring young woman and I am also a God-Fearing one too (My parents brought me up well ).