Advertisements
Advertisements
I have never tried to contact my birthmother, nor have I ever asked my parents any information about her. I have often wondered over the years, what nationality I am, do I have other siblings, etc. But perhaps I am now at the point to where I am tired of wondering and need some facts!!!! I do not wish to cause my parents any emotional harm, which I'm certain will not. But I'm just so uncertain as to what the outcome would be, would she not want any contact, or perhaps she would and be a horrible person, that would just be devastating to me. I'm just wondering if any of you out there had successfully contacted your birth parents and what your experiences were. If she didn't want contact... ok, but then I would always wonder why. So I guess what i'm asking is... would it be worth it to search and succeed, or is being rejected really going to be painful?
Advertisements
Anthony,
Same here, cept its 52 years. At the very least, you can get all the information together that you can, and then "sleep on it". I found out 3 weeks ago my Mothers name, and I am working towards finding her. One thing I've started, is a letter to her. I wrote down a bunch of stuff I thought I wanted to say, and I've kept it. Every few days, I look at it, add to it, and sometimes delete stuff. I think it will help to have all this thought out first, you know?
It has been suggested to me, that when and if I try to make contact, I make it only with her. She may not have told her family about me, or there might be some other circumstance. You have to think, you're becoming part of someones life, so you may want to plan carefully before you make any rash decisions.