Advertisements
Advertisements
Has anyone else heard about this app?
It's basically a photolisting that you can access on your phone so you can look through photolistings of kids available for adoption.
The company creating it is marketing it as a way of bringing adoption into the 21st century, but the whole thing kind of gives me the heebie jeebies. Thoughts?
I think when you compare it to Tinder, it's creepy, but when you think of it as photo listing, much like adoption.com does for foster children, I think it's a great way to gain exposure.
It's something that would have to be revised, but I really feel like you go through the same process when you look at photo listings. You decide whether or not your interested in a child.
Worst case, this discussion of the app brings discussion and awareness to the fact that there are children that need homes.
Advertisements
You know, I think the controversy surrounding the Adoptly app is that ANY "marketing" of kids who are legally available for adoption can create a "shopping for kids" mentality that is not only unsavory for the adults but also creates a lot of vulnerability for the kids. I think about photolistings, Wednesday's Child features, foster adoption meet-and-greets, and orphan hosting . . . Is Adoptly any worse than these other avenues? How?