Advertisements
Advertisements
Sometimes my oldest son just pushes all the right buttons and I find myself yelling. A lot. Loudly. Not the most effective parenting technique, I've found. We often talk about fostering or adopting, but I keep thinking that I'll re-traumatize any kids we bring into our household with that kind of crappy behavior. Any good practical tips out there for managing child-induced anger?
I would love to know as well. I have 3 children from foster care program, ages 17, 3, and 2. I'm ok with the 17 yo. She makes me angry at times but for some reason I get mostly annoyed than angry. The 3 yo I yell and threaten then feel guilty. But for the most part she listens. It's the 2 yo. I know he's only 2 but he drives me crazy at times. He's fussy ALL DAY EVERY DAY. It doesn't help that we're not bonding very well even though he's been with us for 1 1/2 years. I tell my husband that I feel like bad parent and he should be with somebody that can treat him better. I've read books about giving yourself a time out, etc but in the heat of the moment I get so frustrated I see red!! Help me too !