Advertisements
Advertisements
I'm looking for suggestions on good books. I love reading the classics to my kids. At the time I began, they varied in age from newborn to 14 ... I thought for sure I'd lose the younger ones and they wouldn't be interested in books with no pictures and such complicated story lines. But they did great! Now all my kids love the classics. But what else is out there? I'd love a list of books for all ages. What do you like to read to your children, and what do they like to read by themselves?
Advertisements
Transfiguring Adoption has a great book list of titles that are relevant to foster and adoptive families. There are some great stories within the list. The organization also reviews them so you can get an idea of what the book is like.
http://transfiguringadoption.com/links/books-for-f...
I'm looking for suggestions on good books. I love reading the classics to my kids. At the time I began, they varied in age from newborn to 14 ... I thought for sure I'd lose the younger ones and they wouldn't be interested in books with no pictures and such complicated story lines. But they did great! Now all my kids love the classics. But what else is out there? I'd love a list of books for all ages. What do you like to read to your children, and what do they like to read by themselves?
1 Liked
 likes this.
Some series we've enjoyed as a family are Chronicles of Narnia, Little House on the Prairie, Harry Potter, and Anne of Green Gables.