Advertisements
Advertisements
I didn't realize until child #2 came along that our first child's happy, easy, obedient demeanor had little to do with us and more to do with him. I thought we had everything figured out. He could spell his name at age 2, and all of the other over-achieving-first-time-mother accomplishments. We have 5 children and it has been eye opening and very interesting and humbling to realize that not only are their personalities different, disciplining methods need to be different, but also that they way they learn is different! We have one child who can really only pay attention and learn if he has something in his hands while being taught. It's even better if he is actually working on the thing he's trying to learn. Even if he's trying to learn something that is simply intellectual, if he is able to be working with his hands, his mind absorbs better. It took us a long time to learn that. For new parents, I'd say to be flexible. Don't expect that your child will conform to your way of learning - his/her brain just might not be programmed that way.
Haha, Your way of life is so good as compare to me, as a single mom of three, It is always hard for me to raise a kid and to teach them discipline. I always feel that I am terrible mom, but when I see my kids behaving good with others, it makes me feel good that alteast I have done something for them. BTW I and other moms made a website you should check that out and give us opinion on that.
Advertisements