Advertisements
Advertisements
Does anyone out there have any favorite potty training techniques/methods?
With my first two kids, I waited until they were about 3 1/2 (boys) and basically just gave them underwear and told them they were done with diapers. (They'd already figured out the mechanics of toileting by that point.) They were old enough at that point to "get it" and potty training wasn't really that big of a deal.
However, I'd like to potty train my third little one sooner . . . preferably at about 24 months. My mom swears all four of her kids were potty trained by that age! I'd welcome any thoughts or tips on potty training a younger, mostly non-verbal child.
Advertisements
If you have run across any tips since posting this, I would love for you to share. I'm about to start potty training my two year old. He will tell me about half the time when he needs to be changed. Most of the time he runs all over the house like a crazy person when I pull out a new diaper. I think I'm going to have my hands full with this task.
If you have run across any tips since posting this, I would love for you to share. I'm about to start potty training my two year old. He will tell me about half the time when he needs to be changed. Most of the time he runs all over the house like a crazy person when I pull out a new diaper. I think I'm going to have my hands full with this task.
Haha! My baby is now nine months old and every diaper change is an insane wrestling match. I'm just bracing myself for when she learns how to run. No new potty training tips, tho.