Advertisements
Advertisements
HI!
I have quite a few friends who are foster parents. I always want to love them well, but sometimes in life the impact of our intent goes skewed. SO. I am wondering if you have any tips for friends who want to support their friends who are foster parents?
Things I can think of that I THINK would be helpful are:
>educate myself on healthy foster-care-langauge
>give a meal
>become a respite care provider
Are these helpful? What else could be helpful?
Advertisements
I think checking in regularly is a good idea. Just a simple, "Hey! How are things today?" texted a couple of times a week can let them know that you care enough for them to reach out to when things are challenging. You can also offer to transport kids to appointments. That can be a big load off a busy mom.
I love this. I think it is a good reminder, Millie, to not offer advice. I love that. And yes, great idea with offering rides, Rachel, thank you.
Surprise them with ' Date Nights ' or ' a ' Spouse and Me ' Weekend without the Kids!!
Help with Carpool to both School and Extra Curricular Activities!!!
Ask them to join you on a Family Vacation!!
Advertisements
The Advocacy and the Conferences that Natalie has suggested.
If you have not gone previously?
Are beyond ' Stellar ' and Awesome!!
Gives your ability or ideas of Parenting or Parenting Techniques a whole new or a broader spectrum . To ' Grow as a Family and as a Parent ' from!!
Are also a great way to ' In Person ' or ' Intimately ' Connect and have a Relationship with People from the Forums. Rather than a ' World Wide Web' or ' Internet Only ' or ' Never Meet In Person 'Relationships!!
Alot of places if you say . That you are Advocating Foster Care .
Will donate either Event Tickets ie Kids Theater, Any Sports, Music, or ' Make And Do ' or other things that get ' Chunk of Change ' for Families to do!!
Alot of states have ' Resident or Native of that State ' Discounts as well also!! I have only seen this typing of Advocacy one time, but it should be Advocative more often please!!
Advertisements
Yes, I love the idea of surprising my friends with date nights or something. Or inviting them to vacations. I also own a photography business and offer sliding scales or free sessions to foster families in a way of showing support.