Advertisements
Advertisements
Has anyone had an experience working full time and adopting a teen? We really would like to adopt, preferably a young teen for our first go around but we both work full time. My husband actually works out of town most days, he is gone 5 days out of the week typically. I work a regular 8-4, with a 70 mile round commute for work, Monday through Friday. We also have 2 bio kids who are 7 & 9, who would continue to attend daycare regardless. We were going to wait 5 years or so, until the kids got older and I could lower my hours to part time but we just found this young lady that we both were like oh my would she be perfect for us! We were reading an article regarding our state basically having an adoption crisis, so many kids in care and so few people who adopt or even foster, that brought us to a kid of the month, and they brought us to the website.
Also, input on teen adoption. We are fairly young ourselves, I'm 28 and my husband is 33. Like I said we have 2 bio kids. I understand the risks from other posts regarding possible danger to our own children but this young lady loves kids and has been very "nurturing towards small children in the foster home". I more or less want your horror stories, your struggles, your low points, I do not want anything sugar coated.
I would recommend working very closely with this girl's case manager to get a feel for whether or not she would be a good fit for your current family with your current working situation. Even better, I would reach out to her current foster family with questions about her need for supervision, redirection, etc.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
Dear Potential Adopting Family,
At first , appreciate you a lot for taking your valuable time to read my letter. Please take my deepest love. My Name is Sakibul Islam Noyon(I know it is kind of strange to pronounce, sorry about that) studying in 11th grade in Bangladesh. My date of Birth is 10th of November 2001. I grew up in a lower class family where most of the kids like me can bare go to school due to their parents lower financial imbalance. I am not the exception. My family is financially unstable as well. It is like if I want to pursue my study then my siblings can't go to school. And my parents do want me to go to school. But I dreamed to be a scientist. So, I somehow managed to continue my study with the support of my teachers at school( Although my parents are paying a very little amount of money after requesting a lot). I am in 11th grade now. Here, parents like lowest income families expect their 15 year kids to do labour works for earning money. But, I am against it. I can not let my dream to be ruined. So I worked hard and learned English. Even I won scholarship to study 1 academic year in US for free in 2018. What I have learned from there is the people are the kindest being I have ever seen in my entire life. There I shared culture of Bangladesh and learned culture of US and shared love with the community. There(US) education is my heart catching . I really loved school sometimes I cried saying myself "Why did not get born in this country? there would be no obstacles on my way fo dream to come true". I just came back less than a year ago in Bangladesh. Now my school expenses is getting expensive for my family in my Bangladesh. Sometimes they say they cannot pay for my education, I see nothing but darkness. Even they say I need to be adopted by someone who can actually help me. So, I decided to post my story here so that some kind hearts can pull me out of here by adopting me and put on the track of my dream. I just want to be in a place where I can give love and gain love of others. I am open minded, trustworthy, and dedicated. Thanks a lot for your valuable time and consideration. Love you!..♥️
My email address : mdsakibulislamnoyon@gmail.com