Advertisements
Advertisements
In late December 2016/early January 2017, my mom and stepdad hosted two young boys in our home. The agency told us that they were both 12 but John (not his real name) looks a lot younger, and the dentist said that he was about 9 years old, give or take a year. Jake (also not his real name) is about 12 years old. Jake had a cleft lip but it has been repaired. John does not have any special needs. They stayed with us for almost three weeks. They were both super sweet kids. They were friendly and affectionate and smart and really funny. They loved loved loooved both of our dogs. They are not biological brothers but are from the same orphanage. My mom and stepdad wanted to adopt these boys really badly but they were not approved for a homestudy. The reason was that they had not been married long enough and did not have enough experience co-parenting together. We love these kids a lot and it has been really upsetting for our family. My parents are still trying to pursue other options to see if there is a way they can still adopt them but it isn’t looking good. We are hoping to find a family to adopt the kids if we can’t.
I found this forum and I saw a post about an adoptive mother who couldn’t keep her child and posted about it and some couples reached out to her and I think that she ended up finding a couple to adopt her child. I told my mom about this and she is not very tech-savvy but thought it might be a good idea to look for prospective adoptive parents here. Please PM me if you are interested in adopting one or both of the boys and I will give you the contact info of the adoption agency. If you’re not in a position to adopt right now but you know someone who might, please let them know about these boys. A lot of people have reservations about adopting older children but I promise that these are two great kids. Also you can PM me if you have any questions or would like more information about them or you can leave questions on this thread. If I don’t know the answer, I will ask my parents. We would like to stay in contact with them and maybe visit but it’s whatever the adoptive parents think is best.