Advertisements
Advertisements
Good Evening!
I have an unusual situation that I am in and was wondering if someone could offer advice. I know a mother who is dying of cancer and she doesn't have family to take care of her two year-old daughter. The father signed away parental rights and doesn't want anything to do with her. She also has an older son from another father and is perfectly fine splitting the kids up (the son doesn't show an interest in his sister at all). The son is all set and has a family who will take him.
It's been proposed that I take the little girl. I cannot have children and have been seriously thinking of adopting a sibling pair with a younger boy and girl. She is in a different state and I don't know how laws are about this situation. The mother is willing to put into her will that I should have custody of her daughter once she passes on.
Since I'm in the early stages of thinking about this little girl, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with such an odd situation. Thank you so much and God Bless!
Amanda
I don't have any experience in this area, but I would tell you to follow your heart on this one. Adoption is very rarely easy or cut-and-dried, and so many of the variables are out of your control, but I believe that God has a plan for you and your family and these sweet little ones, and if you trust in that plan, things will work out the way they should.
Advertisements