Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi,
I'm hoping someone can give me some advice. My boyfriend of 16 years is looking to legally adopt our soon to be 17 year old daughter. (With the recent death of my mom and what he sees it takes for an estate, he wants to be sure that she has every legal right to his estate)
I'm in Florida, where my daughter was born. Her father was not put on the birth certificate, and he passed away about five years ago.
What are our options on having her Biological father's rights terminated? Paternity was never established, though I know he was the father. I chose to not have him on the certificate, and to not accept child support, so a paternity test wasn't something that was needed.
Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated.
Advertisements
I know this post is a little old, but I want to get you an answer. I am not a legal expert, but I don't think a termination of rights is needed. I think a copy of the father's death certificate should be sufficient.
If his parents are willing they can be tested in order to establish paternity on YOUR child. This would take a court proceeding on your child's behalf and a test ordered by the court as well as a hearing.
, ,
Last update on February 2, 11:17 am by nate boussad.