Advertisements
Advertisements
Has anyone really been united with long-lost "family" by only these forums? Directly within the forums?
Or have they found each other more through reunion registry searches, state registry searches, knowing a little info and searching public records, etc.?
I see countless "looking for" posts on these forums, and so few "found" posts. And all the found posts I've ever seen weren't a direct result of a forum of any site, but from state registries or knowing some info and finding public records.
I know "it's a start" and "post everywhere just in case" ... but I still wonder what the true odds are on any forum site when only using a forum.
Advertisements
idk i watched this last night i feel the same way i wish someone would help me
Has anyone really been united with long-lost "family" by only these forums? Directly within the forums?
Or have they found each other more through reunion registry searches, state registry searches, knowing a little info and searching public records, etc.?
I see countless "looking for" posts on these forums, and so few "found" posts. And all the found posts I've ever seen weren't a direct result of a forum of any site, but from state registries or knowing some info and finding public records.
I know "it's a start" and "post everywhere just in case" ... but I still wonder what the true odds are on any forum site when only using a forum.
Last update on March 13, 8:18 am by megera39.
While I didn't find my son through a post I wrote on the forums, I did find him when I entered my information in the registry on Adoption.com. He had already registered and so I found a match. I don't know when he had registered because his information was all out of date. I did have a name and enough information to locate his parents who share my information with him. He was 31 at the time. We had our first contact on our joint birthday and have been in contact ever since.
Blessings,
Kathy
1 Liked
 likes this.
I input my information, what little I had, onto adoption.com in the late 90s. I was born in 1980, adopted at 2 months old, and it was in a very closed adoption state.
In 2011, from information I had posted over a decade before, my half-sister located me. My birthmother had not really told my two half-sisters much about me for fear that I wouldn't want to be found, or that my parents wouldn't have told me I was adopted and wouldn't want her coming around. They had finally obtained enough information to search, found me here but it was such an old profile that I had long lost the email account tied to it, but it led them to my facebook.
Without adoption.com, I would not know my birth family. So, let me just chime in and say that yes. This site has helped me immensely.
I never found any genetic ancestors from forums or registries at all, even though I registered in the late 1990s or early 2000s.
I found my genetic ancestors through a home DNA test, then looked through /interacted with matches to figure out the BM & BF. One genetic relative was amazingly helpful in me discovering my BM/BF, even providing photos of one of them and all sorts of details.
Advertisements
i located my daughter who was adopted at age 2 she's now 19! Should i message her?
I input my information, what little I had, onto adoption.com in the late 90s. I was born in 1980, adopted at 2 months old, and it was in a very closed adoption state.
In 2011, from information I had posted over a decade before, my half-sister located me. My birthmother had not really told my two half-sisters much about me for fear that I wouldn't want to be found, or that my parents wouldn't have told me I was adopted and wouldn't want her coming around. They had finally obtained enough information to search, found me here but it was such an old profile that I had long lost the email account tied to it, but it led them to my facebook.
Without adoption.com, I would not know my birth family. So, let me just chime in and say that yes. This site has helped me immensely.