Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello
We have TPR hearing in 20 days. I have been going back and forth in my mind about something. If TPR is ruled I would very much like to give bio mom a hug. However, I have only been around her one-on-one once and she got a little upset with me at the last court hearing. She said I lied on the stand.
Is it better to just leave it and let her grieve or to risk her blowing up if I go up to her after the hearing (if TPRd)?
What have you experienced?
Advertisements
Hi Molly,
I have a few questions for you. Is this a foster care adoption, or domestic infant? Do you have contact with birth mom via text or email, even if you don't see her in person? May I ask why she believes you lied to her? I am a birth mom, and I think it's important to understand her emotions before an act of affection. That being said, TPR is an emotionally difficult time, and it meant a lot to me that my birth daughter's adoptive family hugged me right after.
Annaleece, it is through fostercare. I said something on the stand and she disagreed and said so on the stand. That is why I feel she thinks I lied, though I was honest on the stand. I do not have any contact with her and have only been around her once.
We have TPR tomorrow.