Advertisements
Advertisements
It's become commonplace for adoptive parents to give the birth mom a gift at the hospital or placement. I see a lot of hopeful adoptive parents looking for ideas. What is a gift you have given/received at placement that you found meaningful?
I am having a necklace made for my son's birth mom. It's nothing fancy. It's just a small gold necklace with a small stone with the birth mom's favorite color. She mentioned her favorite color one time and every time we saw her, she was wearing a necklace, so I am hoping she likes it. We also gave her a little care package at the hospital with her favorite candies and a photo album. Did you receive a gift from the adoptive parents of your child? I would love to hear what kind of gifts you find meaningful as a birth mom.
Advertisements
One adoptive mom I know gave her son's birth mother a quilt that matched one that he had. Each quilt contained a scripture inscription: Phillipians 1:3: "I thank my God upon every remembrance of you."
They gave his birth dad shoes that matched the baby's. (Tiny little Vans! They were sooooo cute!)
I received beautiful pair of sunglasses. I think it is a wonderful gift for everyone. There are online stores where you can get sunglasses for women, men and children at affordable and discounted cost. I am very much attached with those glasses. Get more info at :
I received beautiful pair of sunglasses. I think it is a wonderful gift for everyone. There are online stores where you can get sunglasses for women, men and children at affordable and discounted cost. I am very much attached with those glasses. Get more info at :
Which sunglasses did you purchase? I'm looking for recommendations.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements