Advertisements
Advertisements
Latest update! Just got word that our fingerprints came back good! Which means, we're now eligible to start taking the PRIDE training course. And...I'm back to waiting. I heard that they need X amount of people to start the class so I guess...hurry up and wait!
Advertisements
Congrats on getting one more step in the process. The waiting game can be hard, but the end result is well worth it.
What path are you taking? Straight adoption or Foster Adoption? What's your age group? Have you and your partner discussed the special needs you're willing to accept? Sibling groups?
So many questions!
@Brandy...we're doing straight up adoption and our age group is 3-7. As long as our little bubba is younger than my daughter, why? We really want her to step into that "big sister" role. The special needs checklist was awful. When we were filling it out, it asked questions like, are you willing to accept a child with glasses, or that's blind. It made me sad thinking about all the kids all over the world that DO have these conditions. I wish I was as rich as Warren Buffet and I would adopt everyone and take care of them. But...sibling groups are good to go w/ us. Just need to get through this long process.
On a side note, just got a letter with our PRIDE training class date/times. But what's weird is that I had to call to "RSVP" a spot. I find this odd in today's technology driven world. I'm just glad I got the letter.
On a side note, just got a letter with our PRIDE training class date/times. But what's weird is that I had to call to "RSVP" a spot. I find this odd in today's technology driven world. I'm just glad I got the letter.
Hahaha! I know, right? Oddly, the states tend to run WAY behind in terms of technology. I was shocked to see that our local county office still uses dot matrix printers! For real!
Good luck with your training. It will be eye opening and scary -- but worth it.
Advertisements