Advertisements
Advertisements
We have an open adoption with our son's family and we have recently connected with several members of his birth family on social media. I post a lot of photos of our son and of us as a family, but sometimes I feel guilty because I wonder if my posts are insensitive to his birth family. The adoption took place a month ago, so I know his birth family's healing has just begun. I really don't want to add to their pain and lengthen their grieving process. Has anyone else experienced this? How were you able to be sensitive to the birth family's feelings while still expressing your excitement and gratitude about having a new family member?
There are settings online where you can opt out of seeing someone's posts for a while without unfriending them. If they decide that seeing your posts are too painful they may do that. You could also reach out and ask them if they would prefer to be on a different privacy settings where you exclude them from seeing the photos.
Advertisements
Your response…perfect. You’ve made some hard decisions but your clarity about them really moved me. Thank you for your insights. I’m glad you posted and hope this gives OP some things to think about.
1 Liked
 likes this.