Advertisements
Advertisements
My husband and I are talking about having our first date night out since we brought our son home. He will be 6 weeks this Saturday, but I wasn't sure if it was too early to leave him for 2 hours with a trusted friend. How old was your baby the first time you left them with a babysitter?
Advertisements
I have been the first babysitter for some of my siblings, and I promise at that age it's a lot harder for you than it is for the baby! They're too little at 5 weeks to really know what's going on, and as long as you trust the sitter to take good care of your baby they should be fine.
1 Liked
 likes this.
I think my firstborn was about 8 weeks old when we left him with a friend for a quick date night. I relaxed with my others and felt comfortable leaving them with grandma/grandpa or an aunt or uncle at just a few weeks old, though we were never away for more than 2-3 hours.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Well, last night we left him with a babysitter for the first time for 2 hours and it went really well! She said he slept almost the whole time and only woke up to eat. It was definitely harder for me than for him! lol I was so hesitant to leave and almost cancelled on the babysitter, but I'm glad we went out and had some fun. :)
Hi,
I had a babysitter 4 months after having the baby. He was very young but I had no choice because of work.
Last update on July 24, 1:17 pm by Amelia davis.
Advertisements