Advertisements
Advertisements
I see lots of t shirt and puzzle adoption fundraisers, as well as garage sales and the odd gofundme. What are some fund raisers/odd jobs that you did to help offset the cost of adopting?
Advertisements
We did an adoption auction at an airplane museum that was really fun. There was cotton candy, superheroes to take photos with the kids and a chili cook off. We had friends, family members, and some local businesses that were very generous and donated gifts baskets or services to auction off. We sold our dirt bikes, cancelled my gym membership and stuck to a very strict budget. We were both working full time, and I did little catering jobs on the side for baby showers and small events. My husband's sister did set up a go fund me account since most of our family lives out of the state, but they still wanted to contribute.
A family in our small town just did an Easter-themed fundraiser called "Egg My Yard." The flyer read, "Your child will love to wake up to a yard full of candy-filled eggs and a special note from the Easter Bunny!" There was a price for 30 eggs, 50 eggs, and 70 eggs. I thought that was a brilliant idea! It was something a lot of families could benefit from, was fun for her other kids to help with, and helped raise money for their adoption.
1 Liked
 likes this.