Advertisements
Advertisements
Today my baby cried HARD for about 30 minutes. I tried all of the normal things like giving him a pacifier, feeding him, burping him, rocking him, singing to him, going in a dark room and turning on white noise with him swaddled. He cried louder and harder than he's ever cried. I kept trying and eventually I think he just tired himself out and fell asleep, but I felt so helpless. What are your favorite techniques to soothing a fussy baby?
Advertisements
My firstborn was a heavy crier for the first few months of his life. I found that when all else failed, a warm bath would calm him down.
Today my baby cried HARD for about 30 minutes. I tried all of the normal things like giving him a pacifier, feeding him, burping him, rocking him, singing to him, going in a dark room and turning on white noise with him swaddled. He cried louder and harder than he's ever cried. I kept trying and eventually I think he just tired himself out and fell asleep, but I felt so helpless. What are your favorite techniques to soothing a fussy baby?
I used to bicycle his legs when he cries and it made him stop crying for a while.