Advertisements
Advertisements
Our FS is 4, he and siblings were RIGHTFULLY taken into state custody. Parents can't stay out of jail, neglect, domestic abuse between the adult family members, drug dealing...overall just a horrible situation. I can't imagine how his life would be if he had stayed with biofamily. His permanency plan just got changed to adoption and we are just awaiting TPR to begin so we have the chance to adopt him (because at this point, as far as we are concerned he is OUR little boy!) We are from Kentucky, private agency that supports the State.
Last update on May 1, 11:27 am by Darcy Riggs.
' Foster to Adopt ' is an emotional ' Roller Coaster ' Ride.
You really do not have any say until permanency is established.
In our state ( California ) the Advocacy with under the age of 10 is reunification with either the Parents or other ' Framily Relationship ' as well also...
Advertisements
have worked at several different social services agencies in my community -adolescent drug-and-alcohol rehab, a children's counseling program, domestic violence intervention - and it has been my experience that CPS works extremely hard to keep families together. It was often frustrating to observe situations where the children were NOT removed from the home because CPS wanted to preserve original families.
I think CPS/DHS like other agencies has bad apples that tend to taint the whole organization. The same way police pick and choose who they investigate and arrest, CPS workers used to pick and choose. I think now, they realize they need to work for the benefit of the kids. I also read that they get money for kids taken, which I don't think is true. But I do think they realize that when kids are taken from bio parents, no matter how bad the situation, those kids are traumatized and will act accordingly.
I suspect that once you have your foster kiddos, I think you'll quickly get a good sense for whether or not they were appropriately removed from the home.