Advertisements
Advertisements
I contacted my dad about four months ago. So, 22. I found him on Facebook and sent him a message. We have a lot of shared interests and we both happened to comment on the same post by the Star Wars Facebook page. So I sent him a message and he was only to happy to talk. 4 months later, there's barely been a day we haven't spoken and I'm very happy to call him my dad.
My adoptive parents were, quiet to begin with. They knew that I'd wanted to contact him for years, but I think they were a bit shocked it had actually started. But eventually they got over it and have been quite positive. Asking questions about him and how we're getting along. They do call him by his first name, which irks me somewhat, but I can understand why they do so.
Hope this answers your question!
-Connor
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
Thanks for your feedback Connor! I'm so glad you found your birth dad and that is been such a positive experience. Can I ask if you've ever been interested in finding your birth mom?
No. The only good thing that woman contributed to my life was giving birth to me and my sister. Other than that, we got nothing but negligence and abuse from her.
I have a little brother and two little sisters from her. Why she was allowed to have more kids is beyond me, but that's a whole other issue. I will probably try to contact them when they're older and can understand it all better, but for now they have no idea they have a big brother and sister. It wouldn't be fair to suddenly barge in like that.
If I have to contact her to contact them, so be it, but I will make it clear I want a relationship with them, but have no desire to let that woman be a part of my life. She lost the right to be part of my life and to be called my mother a long time ago.
Sounds like there's a lot of hurt there. That makes me even more happy for you that you've been able to have a positive relationship with your bio dad.