Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi, I'm currently a foster parent and have 3 foster kids in my home at this moment. 1 of my fosters i got straight from the hospital because mother has lost 4 other kids to the drugs before this one. We have been down a long road with this foster and the CM know we want to adopt this foster if the rights to this baby is terminated also. Our Cm just called me and told me the mothers lawyer has advised her to place the baby up for private adoption. I have never heard of this. Why would a lawyer advise this? How does this benefit a baby that we have had for months and has bonded with us? Any insight?
As long as Mom has any Parental Rights she has full control.
To me Professionally and as another Mom. It sounds like Dad's Family is somehow also involved in this as a decision processing.
Besides Advocating for Private Adoption for your Family.
There is nothing that you are able to do...
Advertisements
That is interesting. I've never heard of anything like that happening either. Private adoption would give the birth mom more control over where the child goes - that may be what the attorney is thinking. Do you have a relationship with the birth mom? What does your case manager advise you do in this situation?