Advertisements
Advertisements
After looking for months for my half sister, I have finally found her family on social media. It appears she does not have any of her own, but her brother and cousins do. They have pictures of her up. My question is, would it be okay for me to reach out to one of them to try and make contact with my half sister? Would it make it too awkward? Thank you so much, everyone!
Advertisements
Maybe you could reach out to her brother, explain that you're trying to get in contact with sister directly, and request an email address. You might even say something like, "I know this seems a little weird, but I have some important information to relay to her." I wouldn't explain your relationship, though. I would leave that up to her.
If it were me, I think I would regret it if I didn't at least try. Sure, it might be a little awkward at first. But I would rather feel awkward than miss out on what could potentially be a great relationship.
1 Liked
 likes this.
I agree, it is worth the effort and possible awkwardness to at least try. I contacted my birth mom on social media. It seems to be a little quicker to reach out on social media because of the frequency that it is used. Best of luck!