Advertisements
Advertisements
Has anyone hoping to adopt ever dealt with an "expectant mother" who was really just a scammer? What was it like? What tips do you have to avoid scammers in the future?
Advertisements
I thought this article was super informative of what you need to know about scams in the adoption world. There are ways that you can protect yourself, if you do your research. A good policy to have is trust, but verify. And that goes for agencies, adoption professionals, expectant parents, and hopeful parents. Unfortunately there are untrustworthy people on all sides of adoption, so you have to protect yourself.
You can read more about protecting yourself against scams here:https://adoption.com/what-you-need-to-know-about-adoption-scams
We were just scammed. We FaceTimed with the mom, she sent us ultrasounds etc. I called an adoption attorney to start the process and she said that this mom has scammed 3 other agencies or families. We never gave her money thankfully but our hearts are broken.
I know there are bad people in the world. It seems so cruel to do this to people whose biggest desire is to have a child.