Advertisements
Advertisements
I live in Missouri and know a kid who is in a less than loving and caring living situation. I am looking to find out how i can start the process of getting him removed from that situation and to foster him. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Advertisements
The first step is to call child protective services and have his living situation investigated. I would then express your interest in fostering him. They should be able to help you get certified to take him.
First of all, call CPS. 800-392-3738
Second, you have to become a licensed foster care provider. This takes time. Months. You have to attend the class, do homestudies, get a medical checkup, and have a background check, with prints taken. It took us about 3 months start to finish, but others were faster.
We went through an agency and we love them. Nothing against the state agency, but the caseworkers at ou agency seem much more attentive and less overworked compared to the state workers. Pm me for information about my agency if you are interested
I live in Missouri and know a kid who is in a less than loving and caring living situation. I am looking to find out how i can start the process of getting him removed from that situation and to foster him. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Last update on May 30, 1:22 pm by Miriam Gwilliam.
The first step is to call child protective services and have his living situation investigated. I would then express your interest in fostering him. They should be able to help you get certified to take him.
Second, you have to become a licensed foster care provider. This takes time. Months. You have to attend the class, do homestudies, get a medical checkup, and have a background check, with prints taken. It took us about 3 months start to finish, but others were faster.