Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello:
I'm sharing this narrative I wrote for The Dallas Morning News about my birth father. My hope is that adoptees who read it will gain some insight that might be helpful in their searches and/or reunions. An adoptee's journey is often difficult and painful, but there are also many happy, fulfilling endings.
Thank you for reading,
Frank Christlieb
Arlington, TX
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
Wow. This is beautifully written. I am so sorry for the trauma you experienced as an adoptee, especially the pain you have associated with your birth father. But my heart is so happy that you have been able to find your brothers and form a bond with them. I believe that your birth mother knew how difficult your life would be because of your birth father, and placed you for adoption out of love, keeping your best interest at heart.
You are a wonderful writer, and this was a very impactful piece. Thanks so much for sharing it!
Hi, Annaleece (what a pretty name, BTW!),
Thank you for your very kind, insightful note. You are so right -- I'm positive Betty gave me to an adoptive family because she was trying to protect me from Bob. Of course, she had a difficult situation being divorced with 3 children already, so her hands were overflowing. But I know she loved me dearly and realized that adoption would give me the best chance at a normal, stable life. As it turned out, my adoptive mother had many problems, including heavy drinking, but I could never hold anything against Betty for making the choice she did. I've been really lucky, and finding my brothers and sister has given me such an incredible gift. Thank you so much for not only reading the story, but for reaching out to let me know how it touched you.
Wishing you and yours all the best,
Frank Christlieb
Wow. This is beautifully written. I am so sorry for the trauma you experienced as an adoptee, especially the pain you have associated with your birth father. But my heart is so happy that you have been able to find your brothers and form a bond with them. I believe that your birth mother knew how difficult your life would be because of your birth father, and placed you for adoption out of love, keeping your best interest at heart.
You are a wonderful writer, and this was a very impactful piece. Thanks so much for sharing it!