Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
May I ask why it would be so hard on him if he found out? Im of the opinion that secrets should be avoided if at all possible. Perhaps there is a way he could understand? You obviously know him best, but just a thought.
Hi Annaleece,
Thank you for your feedback on this - I need all the help I can get.
I agree with you regarding secret-keeping, but this is not my secret to tell.
Those of us who are informed of situation all agree that it would KILL my father if he found out that his beloved wife had deceived him in such an egregious manner. For him to learn, now, after 40+ years of marriage followed by her death, that his wife was not a virgin when they married and that she had a SON that she never told him about. It would absolutely break his heart. Without a doubt. We all know it. He is a very old-school and honorable man who does not deserve to have his heart - his life-as-we-know-it, crush and filthied by this news. Telling him is not an option - we all agree. And we will all stand between him and anyone who tries to hurt him with this knowledge.
That being said , how can I get to know my brother (!) without deceiving my Father and completely playing him for a fool. I am not going to start spinning a web of lies, but I'd really like to meet my brother. He is across the country, so I would have to travel, and explain travel, and ... and .... and.....
??????????