Advertisements
Advertisements
I am an adopted adult who was adopted at 3-days-old. I have had an "interesting" adoption walk, and because I am also a writer, I have begun work on a non-fiction book for adopting parents. My intention is to help them understand from the adopted child's point of view what the child MIGHT be feeling, experiencing, thinking, wishing for, or need. I have been attempting to interview a cross-section of adoptees to incorporate some real life experiences and quotes other than my own. The interview questions are simple and AT NO TIME WILL YOU BE ASKED IDENTIFYING INFORMATION. In fact, everyone who answers the questions will be assigned a pseudonym, and that alias is how you will be quoted. If you are interested in helping me with this project and sharing a little of your adoption experience, please let me know. Thank you.
Advertisements
I think that's a great idea. I am willing to help, although I don't know that my story is very interesting. I wondered about my birth family, but otherwise I didn't feel like anything was missing from my life. Being adopted wasn't something that I was, just something that had happened in my life.
1 Liked
 likes this.
I think that's a great idea. I am willing to help, although I don't know that my story is very interesting. I wondered about my birth family, but otherwise I didn't feel like anything was missing from my life. Being adopted wasn't something that I was, just something that had happened in my life.
Every adoption story is interesting and important. I need to hear all perspectives. If you would be willing to answer a few questions please send me a note to rufusk67416@yahoo.com. Thanks!
1 Liked
 likes this.
I would be willing to answer any questions. I sometimes feel I am an atypical adoptee as I have never had any issues with being adopted.