Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Yes we are planning to adopt the two sisters for sure, if the state will approve a sibling split. We have not fostered the sisters yet. We are hoping after our court date in August they will agree to have them moved into our home so we can foster them as we wait on the decision. We have spent a considerable amount of time with the girls. One is 15 and one is 8. We spend most weekends with them, and they have stayed at our house when their foster parents have gone on vacation. We have started to take them camping this summer and they share a room at our house with our granddaughter when she is here. They have started to call us mom and dad, and have been asking us to adopt them for over a year now. We have told them that if the state will let us just adopt the two of them that we will. We explained to them why we couldn't take all four of them, and they seemed to accept that.
I guess I'm just asking for any hints or advice on what to expect, what we can do to hurry the process along, if we can hurry it along at all. I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed and unsure at this point because we don't have any contact with anyone except the CASA worker to get our information. We did just start our parenting classes that the state requires you to do and we are getting information from that and from the worker. We hope to have them completed along with our background checks so that if the court date goes well, we will be ready.
Thanks for responding to me! I was feeling pretty alone! :)
1 Liked
 likes this.