Advertisements
Advertisements
This is relatively strange but I want to make a formal complaint regarding my aunt, who has been a new foster parent for several months. I believe she is unfit for this position and I am seeking to get the children removed from her home. I believe one of the reasons she was able to get qualified to become a foster parent is because she did not report that she had been recently diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. She has severe depression and anxiety. I was living with her and it's a very complicated story which I can go into more if I can get some responses.
The bottom line is I want to know who I can contact because I believe I cannot speak to the women at our local DCFS office. They seem to think she is just fine, but I've seen her behavior first hand and she hides her general activities from them. She has them convinced that the kids should stay away from me even though all I have done is attempt to assist her.
Does anyone have any ideas? I plan on calling the Inspector General in our state (IL) on Monday and I have already left a message. I'm unsure what to tell him or if he's even the right person to contact.
I feel like your best option might be to suggest to the Inspector General to check her medical records. If she was formally diagnosed with PTSD, it will show up on her medical records. Additionally, your aunt has been through a home study in order to become a foster parent, so I'm not sure how that wouldn't show up.
If she's not harming the children and then children aren't harming themselves or each other, there may not be much you can do.
Advertisements
If the kids are in a circumstance that puts them in imminent danger, you can always call the police.