Advertisements
Advertisements
I have a dear friend who I care about very much. As much as I treasure my relationship with this person, they simply do not understand adoption. I have tried to explain three or four times that birth parents are not horrible or irresponsible, and that adoptive parents aren't just taking people's babies. I don't know how to explain any better than I already have, and it's getting emotionally draining for me. Adoption is such a big part of my life, so I can't simply not discuss it with people I am close to. My question is, at what point with them stubbornly not trying to understand is it necessary to cut off contact? I don't want to lose my friendship, but I don't know if I can handle feeling so drained anymore.
If simply knowing you hasn't convinced this person that birth parents are not horrible or irresponsible, they don't really seem like much of a friend at all. . . .
Advertisements
Good point! I'm in a really good place right now trying to do good things in my life, and if they can't see it they're probably not worth it.
1 Liked
 likes this.