My name is Roxi, I'm 33 years old, and reside in Modesto, CA. I am interested in being adopted by loving and supportive people. I never knew my father; my mother is unsure of who it is exactly and the one man she said it was for sure said he was not my father. My mother and I do not have a relationship and I am uninterested in having one with her.
About Me
I was born and raised in Texas. After high school I joined the U.S. Marine Corps and served honorably for 4 years. I met my husband and the father of my 3 children while serving. We are currently separated and do not have plans to reconcile. I have 3 beautiful children. My daughter just turned 10. My middle son is 7. My youngest son is 6. I chose to stay at home to raise my children until they all began school. I started school online to become a teacher in 2011. I have known I wanted to be a teacher since I was 8 years old. I just graduated in May and received my California teaching credential in June. I had a job lined up since March, so I just had to sign my contract. I start teaching 6th Grade on August 10. I did the last two years of school while being a true single mom. My husband supported me financially, but wasn't able to help much with the kids due to his job move about 2 hours away.
Why am I here?
Losing my husband, my marriage, and his family eventually as I'm replaced by whoever he dates/marries with has been so difficult. I thought we would end up back together but at this point I don't think that's possible and it's ok because I want him to be happy. I had an abusive, neglectful, and unhappy childhood. I never felt worthy of love or family. If not for my husband and his family, I would probably still think that way about myself. I'm proud that I have a beautiful, if fractured, family and that I have accomplished almost all of my dreams but I'm still missing something. I am buying my first home next year, all by myself. Despite growing up poor and unloved, I am great mother--not perfect, but great. I know I could make someone proud, and I so desperately want parents who are proud of me. I want someone to brag about my accomplishments to anyone who will listen. It's kind of embarassing to admit that.
Some final notes
I'm not looking for instant legal status. It never even has to be legal. Just permanent. I want to meet some couples and see if we click and form a bond. I don't want a superficial title. I want a mom and dad. Ideally they would be older than me. I don't mind if there are biological children in the picture so long as they're accepting of me. I'd also prefer a California family but that's not a deal breaker. So, if you're interested in a successful daughter and instant grandkids, please let me know. This article really helped me know that this is what I wanted: www.today.com/parents/picking-your-parents-adult-a...