Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
When my DH and I got married we knew we wanted kids. However I wanted 1 and if he had his way he would have 6 lol. I always thought we would be 'one and done.' Well after DS number 1 my SIL fell pregnant with her 3rd child and put her up for adoption with another family member. Said family member became ill with cancer and the baby was going to need to be placed with another family member. Just seeing this helpless perfect baby needing someone to love and provide for her made my heart ache. We went through the first steps of a home visit and then a supervised meeting and then visits in our home with her. Turns out the family member went into remission and my niece was able to be adopted by them and left our home. DH and I were happy but knew we wanted another child. So we had DS number 2. I now am faced with another situation 4 years later of a mother asking me to consider adopting her unborn baby (however she is still indecisive on rather she will give the baby up). After speaking with DH we agreed it's a calling from God. He is giving us these opportunities and if one child by chance actually needs a home we feel like we should provide that. It's the waiting and not knowing that is killing me. But this too shall pass.
Lots of people consider fostering at one point or another. What made you decide to act on it?