Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi there,
I'm confused about where to post this so I've copied it here.
I'm about to return to southern California from living overseas and plan to apply adopt from foster care as a single mom. My parents have a good sized house with two levels and my seven year old and I will be living on the bottom floor. It has access to upstairs, where my parents live, but is like its own apartment with four bedrooms, a lounge, kitchen, two bathrooms, etc.
My question is whether I'd get approved to foster in this situation or if I'd need to go and rent my own house.
Then my next question is whether my parents could also get approved as foster carers so they could be respite carers, if needed, while we wait for the adoption process to be finalized.
Many thanks!
Advertisements
Yes. I was the foster parent while I lived with my mother. She had to be fingerprinted (as did my sister, who also lived with us) but I did everything else.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Thank you for your reply. So, did your mother and sister just have to be fingerprinted or did they have to go through the whole process of getting certified as well?
Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to edit my reply, lol. I think I understand what you mean and you've already answered my question!
Was your mother able to look after your foster children if you went out for the night or shopping or whatever? Or was that against the rules?
1 Liked
 likes this.
As long as they're finger printed they can watch the children if you ever need to do anything Drs appointment nail appointment date night etc all adults in the home must be fingerprinted and anyone you plan to use a baby sitter
Advertisements