Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi there,
Just wondering if anyone is aware of which countries currently allow singles to adopt. I already have one son (7) in the home, adopted from Asia, and am looking to adopt an older child, perhaps age 5-10.
I have been trying to work through each agency's rules, but there are so many to go through!
Many thanks
I know China you can adopt as a single woman under 45. Singles can also adopt from India. Haiti is also another option. I think in Colombia and Taiwan as well. You might find this article helpful (though some of the countries are currently suspending adoptions):https://adoption.com/10-most-popular-countries-to-adopt-from-and-their-adoption-policies
Hope this helps!
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
That's great! Thank you Crystal.
I probably should've mentioned that I am 47 and I'd really like to have a girl, but I am open to whatever happens.
I am also considering adopting from foster care, but I am a little concerned about the rate of reunification (although I believe it's the best thing) because of having a son who has already incurred a lot of loss in his life. I would not want him to get attached to a sibling and then lose him/her.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Some countries may make an exception for older women. I've read that it has happened. The best thing you could do it consult with an agency.
Foster care may an easier option. You can work with an agency that places foster children that are waiting for adoption. There are many foster children who's parents' rights have already been terminated.
1 Liked
 likes this.