Advertisements
Advertisements
Being a birth mom makes me feel like the black sheep of my family. I get really emotional sometimes being around all the little cousins and nieces and nephews, and it just feels like no one quite gets why it hurts. I feel left out and just different from everyone else. What do you do to get out of the funk?
I hate to say it but not much.
Keep in mind that I am a Foster parent and that this questions was on my side bar thing for some reason, so I don't have much experience in this realm, but I will try to help.
I understand getting emotional, and feeling like the black sheep. If it makes you feel any better my wife and I get that too because we decided not to have kids but to foster. We are very much the "weird ones".
All I can say is look at the reasons you made your decision. Keep reminding your self of those reasons. Perhaps join a support group of people that made the same decision.
Unfortunately that's your only real option as I see it. You can talk with them, but they won't get it. The fact is you may never get out of that funk.
Just remind your self of what it would have been like if you didn't make the decision. Remind your self why you made the decision, and have confidence/faith that you did the right thing. You had a loss, sure as someone who's child dies. That will always be with you, and that's 100% fine. Reinforce your reasons, remind your self why, and just try to work through it. Emotions are never wrong. You just have to cope with em.
Advertisements