Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello. I am 25 and will be in school this semester to get some basic courses out of the way and then transfer to a university. I'm 25 and have about 3 more years of schooling left. My plan is to become a Child Protective Services Social Worker. I want to move out of my mom's house when I establish a job in the future and eventually adopt a child, probably more than one child. I want to know what was the adoption process like? Home study, before home study, meeting your child for the first time. I also have a mental disorder so I know at some point during the home study I will have to tell them about that. I plan on adopting a pre-teen or teenage girl(s). Please tell me some advice/experiences. I know they will be helpful. Thanks so much!
This is an oversimplified list, but I hope it helps. Since you are looking in to adopting older children, I am going to assume you mean out of foster care. Here are the basic steps for that.
-Home study, complete physical (where you will address your disorder), background check, fingerprinting, etc.
-Placement with a foster child. You do have the option in some states to foster only children who are able to be adopted because their biological parents rights have been terminated.
-The actual adoption process, where depending on the state you will have another home study, court hearing, etc.
Again this is just the basics. Happy to try and answer anything else!
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
I have the same problem... and i really hope that your advises can really help! I have also some health problems, I'm currently looking for answers on
Last update on August 23, 6:02 am by Amy Speidel.
All of what the other posters said is true. It should go in your favor that you want preteen and teenage girls!
Advertisements