Advertisements
Advertisements
Many families have different traditions for different holidays. Once you have kids, how do you decide which parent's traditions to keep?
For my family, it's just naturally happened. My parents have taken the things that stood out to them the most from their childhoods and implemented them into mine and my siblings. For example, my father has fond memories of singing carols around the Christmas tree, so we do that. My mom remembers having sprite and ice cream floats on New Year's, so we do that then. They don't really compete, they just kind of fit together.
Advertisements
With Christmas, my husband and I kind of took the best of each. For Easter, not so much. When I was little, my sister and I would wake up Easter morning and search the house for our baskets. The Easter bunny hid them behind furniture or wherever. The whole search took under five minutes. It was exciting and exhilarating. Well when we had my oldest son and Easter rolled around, we had a difference of opinion. It's funny the things you don't discuss until after you have kids. Anyway, he thought it was an awful idea. He said my Easter bunny was mean. Lol.